Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Shack


Have you read this book?
I've heard about it. We had a stack of books at our church "book store" but I didn't see any there. So, when James & I went to Books A Million yesterday, I picked up a copy. I've only read through page 42 and I'm really enjoying it!
I might be expected the book to be earth shattering, given all the attention it's garnered. I probably shouldn't put that much into it, huh?
And, if you have it in you, please say a prayer or two for James & me. We've done a lot of talking, but we have more to go. This I do know - God is good ALL THE TIME!
(I'll be getting the sweepstakes winners stuff out on Monday. So sorry for the delay!!)



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I've read it. In fact, I've read it twice. Absolutely loved it. It's not necessarily an easy read though. It's one you read a little and then think a while and then read more. I read it right before our vacation in August and then loaned it out and just got it back a month or so ago and reread it. I love the way it makes me think about God in a different light than what I've always thought. I love to have my mind stretched like that about God. I know it's fiction, but I kept finding myself wondering if it were true.
    I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts about it when you're finished.
    You and your husband are still in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you and your husband. Communication is a great start.

    Blessings, Lyndy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Love Starts with Elle (wish I'd read Sweet Caroline first...but it's on my list), so I'll be starting The Shack, soon. My mom loved it, and everyone that I've known who has read it said it was great. I'll let you know my thoughts in a week or two.

    P.S.
    Get ON with your Taboo Topics bloggin' self!! Seriously... it's good to tackle the hard stuff every once in a while!

    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, SIESTA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog! I loved, loved 'The Shack'. Having been raise in the churhc most of my life, I found that I was a little more complancent than I thought. But, reading this book changed my life. It made me see things in a new way but still a way in which I know is biblical. It's a little 'outside the box' and I think a new christians may have a hard time reading and understanding it. I so agree with tckk, in that it made me see things with a whole new veiw and I'm feeling the Lord beside me now when before I thought he was so far away.

    ReplyDelete