Monday, October 20, 2008

Thank you Mama Siesta!

Over at AllAccess, they have a blog where you can leave a message for Beth, Travis, the praise team, Living Proof and the Lifeway team and thank them for the ten years of ministry amd how your life has been changed or just to say thankies!

Not wanting to lose what I wrote, I'm posting my message to them here. I encourage you to go over and leave them a message, if you feel so lead.


Like everyone else, I wonder where to begin. Without starting from the beginning, I can only imagine how Mama Siesta is going to feel when she reads all this about her. Truly a humble servant before our Lord, that one is. Sophie, I thank you for opening up the blog this way and allowing us a place to thank Mama Beth and let her know how much she’s meant to each of us.
Several years ago, when I was going through a horrible season in my life, my attendance at church was pretty spotty - at best. I had lost my brother, wasn’t sure if my mom was going to live and was going through an excruciating divorce too. I did get away on a Women’s Retreat and met a few ladies from our church. One of them was doing a Beth Moore study and everyone kept talking about how great Beth Moore was. So, to be quite honest, and I’ve never told anyone this, I thought the lady leading the class was Beth Moore. See, small groups and bible study outside of Sunday School were very novel to me. (This lady who I thought was Beth Moore has been my mentor the last couple of years and she has no idea I had the misperception!) Well, I went to the first class of her study, but no more. As a matter of fact, I didn’t really even go back to church for over 3 years!


In August 2006, I totally surrendered my life to Christ and just in time for the starting of new small groups! My friend (and mentor, whose name is Laura, not Beth) was leading a Beth Moore study, and well, Laura was about the only person I knew from church, so it was a given I would do her class. I really had no idea what I was in for, and it’s probably a good thing I didn’t, because I don’t think I’d ever have done the study! But, in August of 2006, I met one of the most of godly women I’ve ever met when I started Believing God. I finally met Beth Moore and thought she was the most precious woman ever (still do!). I got to hear stories about her love for God, her family, her heartaches, her Redeemer and how to believe God.


There are so many beautiful traits Beth has that I find so endearing. What stands out the most is how God turned her ashes into a picture of beauty and how He gave her such a gift to teach all of us women how to love Him wholeheartedly. She could very easily be put way up high on a pedastal, but she tells you NOT to do that. I admire her so much and I think the world of her, but I pray that I give her the credit she deserves and glorify the One who gave it to her!
In the last 2 1/2 years, I have gone from being so lost to being a small group leader! I’ve had an awesome and dear friend and mentor (Laura), and a wonderful godly teacher, Beth Moore, to help me grow in my relationship with Christ!


Mama Beth (and her precious family), I love you so much (and I told you that at the Siesta Fiesta, even if you just knew my name b/c I had on a name tag, I’m believing that you & Amanda really knew my name, whether I had on a name tag or not!), and I thank you for listening to our Father and for using the painful childhood you’ve had to turn it into a true living proof ministry. Words really are inadequate to express to you what your teaching has meant to me and how life changing the lessons have been. Thank you for sharing your journey with me and teaching me all along the way. I didn’t ever realize such a godly woman could still be so stinking silly and FUN!!! Thank you for showing me how to a godly woman and still love life in a fun and loving sort of way.


To the Moore family, the peeps at Living Proof Ministries and Lifeway, I can’t even begin to imagine how much work each of you invest into this ministry. I thank you for all your support and prayers and sacrifices that you’ve poured into the ministry to help touch so many lives. And to the Moore family, thank you so much for sharing your Mama with us and Amanda, thank you for the blog!!!!


Travis - I’m a new appreciator (is that a word? sure it is) of your music and I just love you and the praise team! Your music has really touched my soul!


I think I’ve written a novel, but I do want to make sure Mama Beth knows how much I just love her! She’s the one who helped teach me about Agape love so it’s only fittin’ I give her some!
I love me some Mama Beth!! Thank you so much for your ministry

(P.S. Did y'all know that Pink's real name is Alecia Beth Moore?)


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

3 comments:

  1. I got all choked up reading that...what a wonderful testimony you have...just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your post on More Monday..thanks for stopping in. Yes Cathy has won every week so far cause she is the only one playing. I just started this blog and she is my one and only supporter. Come on and play along and give her some competition.. It can be the Cathy, Cathy and Cathy show.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get a new blog design? I love this. thanks for sharing your good fun with us, and I cringe with you on the dad story you left on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete