Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's have us a JESUS-Year!!


I really wish I could come up with some witty title that might just capture someone's attention, but I can't...(Isn't this a great picture of what you think Jesus looks like?)

Anyway, Mama Beth and the folks at Living Proof Ministries wants us to have a great JESUS year! On the 1st & 15th of each month, we are to check in with a new scripture that we will memorize or meditate on.

I felt led to work on this verse because I feel like I've been fighting this battle for the past several months - especially in my marriage - and if you've read any of my posts from the last two or three months, you have seen how God has been guiding me in this battle! I feel like I should know where to find this verse and what it says (since I've been referring to it!). (I think I can combine this with Memory Monday :-).)

Ephesians 6:12 (Today's New International Version)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I cracked up when I read the verse in The Message:
Ephesians 6:12 (The Message)
A Fight to the Finish 10-12
And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

Don't you just love that? Personally, if I was in an athletic contest, I wouldn't forget it in a couple of hours because I'd probably be half dead ;).

__________
We had a very low key last night. I had ordered several movies from Blockbuster.com but they didn't come in time to watch yesterday. I guess Friday night will be movie night! We watched Law & Order and CSI (Las Vegas & NY) and looked at concession trailers. At midnight, James had trouble getting the the champagne bottle opened and wished me a Merry Christmas...I was confuzzled by that. Maybe he'd already drank all the champagne and I didn't know. lol

Today we're going to have lunch with my mom at "the Legion". We'll all return asthmatic from all the ciggy smoke, but she'll be glad we were with her, and that's more important (for reals). (And I used to help make non-smokers asthmatic and was glad for that opportunity.) We'll be eating a traditional New Year's day meal of pork, black-eyed peas (for luck?) and greens (for wealth?) and then other unhealthy things that don't follow with starting the year with a healthy meal!

I hope you're having a great day and I recommend checking out Living Proof Ministries site if you haven't already done so.


“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

  1. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    That is an excellent verse and one I'd do well to remember too. I have a tendancy to take everything personal, when I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image you used in this, it makes me just want to jump up and down and dance with Him!

    Just wanted to thank you again for following my blog and invite you to check out the new things coming up at the Scribe starting Monday (Recover Your Good Heart review)and Thursday (Current Events Wrap Up Meme.) Come join me!

    Have a blessed new year. I am blessed by your writing.

    ReplyDelete