Monday, January 5, 2009

Memory Monday


Time for me to pick back up on Memory Monday, hosted by The Simple Wife. (I finally got the little linky box to work!)

To keep me from getting too overwhelmed, I'm going to combine Memory Monday and the challenge to memorize scripture from Living Proof Ministries.



Currently, I'm working on Ephesians 6:12 (TNIV):

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the
spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I've been working on putting this to a tune - Ode to Joy - how cheerful!! It's not the best tune for this scripture, but it's what I came up with.

How are you doing with hiding God's word in your heart?



“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

6 comments:

  1. Amen on the Scripture! I've thought of the Ephesians verse many times lately. It is so true! And what a great idea to put it to a tune. I wrote a devotional a while back on Zephaniah 3:17 called the Winner Dance. I love to think of the LORD rejoicing over me with singing - amazing!

    Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to sing that to Ode to Joy...and while you are right...it doesn't work so well...it did indeed bring a smile to my face! Neat idea! God bless...from another Monday Memorizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific verse that is to memorize because it is exactly what we need to remember. When we get aggravated at something it is so important to remember, people are not who we are fighting but dark spiritual forces are. Definitely helps keep things in perspective and it makes it easier to forgive and love even our enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you're doing it to a song...always makes everything easier to remember!

    I can still recite the whole McDonald's menu from a commercial they ran in the late 70s!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings Cathy...Great idea putting it to a song! That works for me much better!...The problem is I did not know "Ode to Joy"...but I did know the verse from Ephesians 6:12...need it constantly and that makes you use it and pray it and I constantly need to remind myself of it!

    I'm just seeing what everyone is doing and want to encourage you!
    Good job! Keep it up...good idea to combine the challenges!!! Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne - funny how can I remember songs and stuff like that but I really struggle learning (remembering) scripture!

    Lora, I'm going to look for your previous post - I love that visual as well.

    Keep up the good work MomE!

    Hey Cathy!! I know that while James & I certainly have our issues, that there are other issues which we can't see at play in our marriage too *mean face*

    ReplyDelete