Friday, December 5, 2008

The Patron Saint of Barbara...?

Last night, my husband (without me because, well, he's in KY and I'm in AL, and it's Christmas so funds are a little tight) went to some ball they had. He was awarded the St. Barbara award. What a strange award to receive, but he seemed pleased that he got it and he enjoyed himself at the ball. I was glad because he was really not looking forward to any of it. So, in honor of him getting the St. Barbara award, I'm going to post a picture of him all dressed in his military dress blues. (I think that's what they are called - I'm not a very good military wife, huh?)
Dapper, no? I asked (begged) him send me a picture, so I could see him in his uniform. I have seen him in it before when we went to Jr. ROTC ball right before we got married, but you know, I wanted to see him again!
Anyway, I thought I'd share the picture and something of a story with you too. Plus, now, no matter where I am, I can come to my blog and see a picture of my hubby.
(P.S. - "Things" are going much better right now, and I can only attribute that to God's masterful hands in our marriage. We still have to work on "things" but at least he wants to stay married!! Praise God!)



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment